Amazon, eBay + Marketplace Management
Where do most shoppers start their product search? Here's a clue, it’s not Google.
Google has the largest market share of all general search queries, eclipsing the likes of Bing and Yahoo. However, the balance of specific product searches with several surveys points to Amazon as the leading place to research new items.
Online marketplaces enable a fast and flexible method of product exposure to new sales markets and customer groups. More customers start their product search via online marketplaces such as Amazon or eBay, offering benefits for enterprises including:
- international reach
- unlimited product selection
- individual advertising opportunities
- optional shipping services
In order to achieve these benefits and with potentially higher margins and improved customer satisfaction, a deep integration of the systems involved should be considered. This is the preferred way to manage the information flow across the entire order-to-cash process - from product placement via billing, payments and returns processing.
With the trend towards using market platform organisations such as Amazon and eBay, FIS have created a new cloud-based integration tool that provides comprehensive functions for SAP users to manage their product data, orders and payments, returns and refunds.
FIS / TradeFlex brings together your SAP system, the marketplace platform and additional systems including PIM (Product Information Management).
Your benefits by using FIS / TradeFlex
- Comprehensive and deep process integration in SAP
- End-to-end process coverage - from product selection,to payments and returns
- Full transparency of expenses and revenues, including reporting/evaluation
- Central management of online marketplace business in one application
- Significantly increase the visibility of your brands
- Take advantage of new markets and customer groups locally and internationally
- Faster and competent customer service – ready to provide information at any time
FIS / TradeFlex offers the optimal software solution for organisations with SAP ERP to connect to marketplaces. Whether an enterprise wants to step into marketplace e-commerce for the first time or already transact business via this channel (by selling their product range via their own online shop) FIS / TradeFlex enables a straightforward pathway to new customers.
The FIS / TradeFlex software enables enterprises to overcome the challenges of marketplace platforms by using state-of-the-art technology.
Running on SAP Cloud Platform and the high-performance HANA database, FIS / TradeFlex provides the ideal opportunity to seamlessly integrate the sales of your product portfolio on marketplaces into the SAP. The software enables the management of all order-to-cash process steps in one solution.
Key Features include:
- Available product quantities are automatically transferred to the online marketplace (i.e. adjusted to reflect actual stock levels in SAP in real-time)
- Product attributes (i.e. size, colour, weight, materials) are automatically mapped with market places Amazon, eBay and Mercateo/Unite.
- Information is be transferred in an ERP-compliant manner
- Deliveries and billing documents are transferred back to the marketplaces via message control
- Automatic prevention of unnecessary goods dispatches
- Reimbursement management
- Automated posting of charges if they are considered for payment
- Returns notification via the marketplace
- Back processing of payments in case of returns or credit memos
SAP Cloud Platform
Software applications from the cloud need to be continuously connected to the ERP system in order to avoid data silos. The FIS professionals use SAP Cloud Platform Integration (SAP CPI) to implement continuous and efficient processes for hybrid IT landscapes as well.
What is FIS /TradeFlex?
FIS / TradeFlex is not a marketplace itself. It is an application build on SAP Cloud platform (SCP) and Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) to connect B2B as well as B2C marketplaces (like eBay, Amazon, Alibaba and many more to come) to SAP system (no matter whether it is an ERP or S/4HANA system). This is done with no SAP modifications – so non-invasive.
Who is FIS / TradeFlex for?
Generally wholesalers and producers/manufacturers who want to simplify and automate their processes when selling at marketplaces. In summary, FIS / TradeFlex is used by organisations with SAP who want to automate their marketplace business channel with the least possible amount of manual work whilst focusing on the whole process. The solution provides easy access to another sales channel besides their own shop-system.
What is the competitive advantage of FIS / TradeFlex?
FIS focus on process integration far deeper than pushing an order to SAP. We differentiate our product by adding payment matching, returns cancellation, dispute management functionality.