Automated Invoice Booking with SAP
Deeply integrated with SAP, FIS technology automates the posting of invoices and provides efficient tools for the management of invoice exceptions and queries
FIS / edc (electronic document centre) is an SAP certified technology add-in that automates the processing of invoices and other documents such as credit memos, sales orders, customer payment advice notes and vendor statements with minimal human intervention.
FIS / edc reduces manual tasks and eases time pressure on the accounts team - taking the administration burden away from businesses. FIS / edc processes integrate with SAP to create financial savings as documents are processed automatically (no touch processing) and queries are handled more efficiently than with SAP standard.
The software is installed on the same IT infrastructure as SAP with no modifications to SAP standard required. FIS / edc works with the SAP database so information is presented in real-time.
FIS / edc also includes additional functions to make SAP business more efficient - specifically for the accounts team and invoice approvers.
FIS / edc (invoice monitor)
FIS / edc (invoice monitor) is normally paired with the automated data entry application FIS / fci. Combining these two technologies facilitate the posting of a high percentage of invoices in SAP without the involvement of the accounts team resulting in an unmatched "blind-booking" rate (no touch processing).
The application is further enhanced with the email invoice reader, which eliminates the need for printing or scanning of invoices sent as email attachments.
Invoice data for PO related invoices is compared to the open PO data and goods receipt data from SAP at item-line (position) level. A match, within a given tolerance, allows invoices to be posted automatically.
FIS / edc supports several workflow functions including a workflow application running on SAP standard Web Dynpro, which allows approvers to action the invoice with forwarding and account assignment functions.
Invoice approval may also be completed from mobile devices and desktops via a FIS Fiori app. This solution provides a simplified workflow design for tablets, smartphones and desktops.
- Wishing to automate the vendor payment process and make savings when booking invoices into SAP
- Requiring a substantial increase in the quality of the supplier invoice data
- With a substantial SAP ERP investment who are looking to enhance the payment processes and make financial and time savings
- Reduce the degree of manual keying and administration tasks within the current process
- Wishing to make digital transformations in their current processes
- Standard SAP ERP module
- Physical movement of financial documents
- Manual keying of data with no validation checks
- Printing and scanning emailed invoice attachments
- Using email as a workflow tool
- FIS / edc has versions for both SAP ECC 6 as well as SAP S/4HANA
- Flexible import of invoices via OCR and EDI
- Line matching (MM) of invoice data with SAP data i.e. open orders and goods receipts in real time.
- Automatic account assignments
- Workflow options using SAP standards Web Dynpro and Fiori apps
- Reporting tools to identify issues and bottlenecks to assist with further process improvements
- Transparency and history audit for each invoice
- Deep SAP ERP integration with worklists for accounts payable users
- Presentation of EDI transactions as a standard PDF
- Higher productivity of accounts payable teams with more functions in a familiar SAP standard GUI, freeing up time from repetitive tasks
- Faster supplier payments - meeting corporate specific service levels
- Invoice image displayed in FIS/edc and workflow modules as well as SAP ERP
- Harnesses the intrinsic power of SAP ERP
- Integrated into SAP but with no need for modifications to SAP ERP standard - quick enhancement pack and upgrade changes
- Data stored once in SAP database - no data exchanges with external software
- High blind booking rate - particularly for emailed invoices
- Efficient interrogation tools for exceptions / query management
- High financial return on investment
- AP team directed to more value-added work as FIS/edc automates labour intensive tasks
- Reduction in long invoice processing times
- Transparency and visibility of the entire P2P process
Vendor and Customer Statements Secure Investment with FIS Integrated Solutions for SAP ERP and S/4HANA Automated Data Entry from Day One FIS/edc® Fiori apps for invoice approval and reporting FIS/edc® Netweaver + HANA Certification Invoice Reading as a Service – Caravan Club Key advantages of invoice processing with FIS/edc